What are the application considerations for diaphragm seals?
REOTEMP Diaphragm Seal Assemblies are carefully designed, built, and tested to maximize performance, increase instrument lifespan, and assure operator safety. The following should be considered when specifying a diaphragm seal:
- Is there sufficient displacement to drive through its
- Is the diaphragm sensitive enough for the measuring range and accuracy grade of the instrument?
Diaphragm Seal Mounting
- How will the diaphragm seal mount to the process? Threaded? Flanged? Clamped?
- How will the instrument mount to the diaphragm seal? Threaded? Welded?
- Will the instrument be mounted directly to the seal or
View the Diaphragm Seal Mounting Guide
- What are the pressure and temperature limits?
- Are there issues with clogging or high viscosity?
- Is there severe shock and pulsation?
- Is the process fluid compatible with the wetted material and gasket?
- Are there extreme or fluctuating ambient temperatures?
- Is the outside environment corrosive?
- Will the assembly be operating in deep vacuum (< 5psia)? If yes, contact the factory with process specifications.
If you require application assistance, please contact REOTEMP customer service at (800) 648-7737 or your local REOTEMP distributor.